Holding business events are a great way to engage with your existing customers and reach prospects. Many businesses offer networking events, training sessions or conferences to build relationships and their business. There are always lots of opportunities for holding a business event.
One of the benefits for holding a business event is that you are in control of everything, your business is in the spotlight, however if things go wrong there’s nowhere to hide. Depending on what type of business event you will be holding will depend on how much you can talk about your business. If you are holding an event to educate people, they don’t want to hear about your products or services. Educate them on what they came for.
If you are an expert in a particular field, then why not share your knowledge. This is an indirect way of getting people to know about your business. Your presentation won’t be on your products or services, but you have got people in a building where your brand will be everywhere. If you are hosting an event at your offices, you’ve already got them in the building. This is a great way to get in front of prospects.
Organising an event can be very stressful and time consuming. An event requires the need to market, promote, send out invites and handle the list of attendees. This is a full-time job for some people. If you don’t have an event or sales team this is going to be a hard for a small business. If only there was a platform that could help?
Well you are in luck! Eventbrite is here to help!
Whats is Eventbrite?
Eventbrite is an online platform for event planning which allows you to create an event page, sell tickets, register attendees and even track attendance. Eventbrite was built to allow people to create, share, find and attend new things to do. From music festivals to marathons, to conferences and even gaming competitions.
If you are hosting an event and you want an easy platform to use, Eventbrite might be for you.
Getting started couldn’t be easier. All you need is sign up for a free account then it’s time to choose your ticket type.
There are three basic option:
- Gives you sales at your fingertips. Being able to track sales will allow you to have real-time information, so you always know who is coming.
- All you need is one page. You can set up a series of different dates and workshops from one page. Making it easier to track and promote the event.
- Free promotion tools. Link your social media pages or even your email account to Eventbrite to start promoting your event in minutes.
- Easy to use on a mobile device. Eventbrite has created a professional looking mobile friendly website, which means people can book their tickets using their mobile.
All features of Essentials, plus:
- Sell tickets from your website. You can sell tickets for all your events on a platform that your customers are familiar with.
- Create multiple tickets at different prices. This package will allow you to have multiple events at different prices to attract a wider audience.
- Get to know your audience. Knowing how well your event is doing will help you market the event. Eventbrite gives you detailed analytics for each event.
- Reserve your seats. If your event is at a seated venue, creating a map will allow people to reserve their seats.
All features of Essentials and Professional, plus:
- Training and support anytime. Get 24/7 phone support and access to a customer success manager.
- Get personal support. Your Customer Success Manager will give you ongoing and personal support to achieve your Eventbrite goals.
- Set team access levels so you have control. With GDPR now in play setting up your team with the right permissions is very important.
- Reach new audiences. Eventbrite has 50 million + active ticket buyers on sites like Facebook and Spotify
Once you have chosen the package that works for you and your business, you can start creating your events. It’s so easy to create an event, all you need is the following:
- Event Title: This is where you can be creative, make your event sound interesting and worthwhile attending.
- Location: Where is you event going to be. If you have room try and hold the event at your office, get prospects in the building.
- An image: add an image to bring your event to life.
- Event Description: Tell people what they going to gain from attending your event. People have busy lives, so they need to know how your event is going to benefit them. You can even add a Q&A section.
- Create the tickets: What type of tickets would you like to start with? This event could be free or maybe it has a price. Eventbrite even allows people to make donations
- Additional information: You can make your event public or private which allows you to take control of who can book on. Eventbrite asks what type of an event it is, business, training, a competition or even a festival.
You’re almost done, just hit go live and your Eventbrite will be ready to start promoting!